- This event has passed.
April 8, 2020 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Let’s Harmonize is our newest singing program. And we’re really excited about it!
Can you think of a social gathering when all of a sudden people started singing together? And then you hear it. Someone is singing along…in harmony. Making the whole experience richer and more wonderful!
Imagine being that person…the one who can spontaneously join in…in harmony.
This program can make that dream a reality by giving you the knowledge, tricks, and confidence to sing in harmony.
You will surprise yourself by how quickly you will learn new skills. They will serve you well in many settings: a kitchen party, jamming with friends, singing at church/events and joining a singing circle/group, Christmas caroling…and more.
Wherever singing happens you will be able to add to the depth of the experience and feel more connected!
Did you know that singing in harmony is a skill that can be learned? With this program, you will build the skills and confidence you need to create harmony. It can be a profound experience. It is also a lot of fun!
Our expert facilitators are trained singers and musicians who have worked together with our founder, Dr. Susan Knight, to design this course for each group of participants.
Skills you’ll explore include:
- Singing with ease and joy
- Learn proper breathing to support singing
- o Produce a singing tone that is strong and resonant
- o Lose any inhibition you might have about singing
- Singing in parts (the tune + 2nd part &/or 3rd part)
- Find and keep your own part
- Confidently join/keep a 2nd OR 3rd part to harmonize a tune
- Most fun of all…learn to make up harmony as you go!
- Singing as a group
- Find how to listen to each other while singing
- Respond to signals to start and stop singing together
- Produce a range of dynamics from soft through loud
- Learn some great songs!
Taking Let’s Harmonize will give you seven delightful weeks of learning and growing, as well as a way to enrich the rest of your life.
This program is a natural extension to our foundational singing program.
To register for this course visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/lets-harmonize-tickets-98282538719